Email Archiving Solution
We would like to know if you are experiencing any of the below issues with respect to managing emails:
1) Experiencing mailbox Quota issue.
2) Facing issues to fetch old emails faster.
3) Difficulty in managing X-employee emails or Backup files.
4) Losing important emails by employees deleting them accidentally or intentionally (tamper-proof).
5) Business Email and Regulatory Compliance issues.
If so, then we are here to help you out with our Email Archiving Solution Edition.
We offer SMTP and POP3 proxy functionality, along with simple mail server functionality for receiving and storing emails from Microsoft 365, Google G Suite, and other email servers that can send emails to external archiving solutions via SMTP. As such, it is a convenient way to easily set up and maintain secure mailboxes that act as destinations for journal and archiving rules.
With our product, journal and archiving mailboxes of third-party providers are no longer necessary.
MailStore Gateway as a Server
Many email servers allow copies of all inbound and outbound emails to be created for the purpose of archiving. Whereas on-premises email servers generally allow these copies to be delivered to local mailboxes, most cloud-based services (e.g. Microsoft 365, Google G Suite) do not, neither technically nor in terms of licensing. Instead, they require external ailboxes to be used as destinations for journal or archiving rules, either hosted by another provider or by an on-premises email server. For these services, third-party archiving solutions, such as MailStore Server and the MailStore Service Provider Edition must either pull the emails from these external mailboxes or be able to receive emails via SMTP directly.
As direct SMTP archiving is generally preferable to a third-party mailbox provider, MailStore Gateway provides basic mail server functionality for MailStore Server and the MailStore Service Provider Edition to receive journal emails which can then be archived. In this way, MailStore Gateway provides customers with a simple means to archive journal emails when using cloud services such as Microsoft 365 or Google G Suite without having to rely on mailboxes hosted by third-party providers. To conveniently archive emails from MailStore Gateway, a new archiving profile has been added to the MailStore Client and the E-mail Archive Client. The following graphic shows how MailStore Gateway is configured when functioning as a server:
MailStore Gateway as a Proxy
Smaller businesses and organizations often do not have their own email server or they use email services that do not support journal or archiving rules. Organizations such as these may use a combination of POP3/SMTP on their email clients in order to receive and send emails. So that all inbound and outbound emails can be archived in such a scenario, we can record the communication between the email client and the email server, effectively operating as an email proxy. The following graphic shows how this works:
Advantages for your Company
- Assistance With Regulatory Compliance
- Help with fulfilling GDPR Obligation
- Protection against Data Loss
- Reduce the workload of email servers
- Save up to 70% storage space
- Simplify backup and restore
- Independence of Cumbersome PST fil
- Eliminate mailbox quotas
- Fast full-text searching for emails and attachments
Supported Email Systems
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019
- Microsoft 365
- G Suite
- All IMAP or POP3-compatible email servers
- MDaemon, IceWarp, and Kerio Connect
- PST, EML, and other email files
- Email client such as Microsoft Outlook