IMPROVE HEALTHCARE PROTECT PATIENT DATA
Evolving Cyber Threats:
Cyber attackers are continuously on the lookout to exploit even the smallest of vulnerabilities in hospital networks. The network of a typical healthcare provider, which is connected with several
endpoints, like modality workstations, radiologist workstations, doctors’ PCs, etc., has many potential entry points for malicious elements.
Potential entry points for cyber attacks:
- Phishing attacks on hospital staff aimed at creating a backdoor entry point into respective workstations, without the knowledge of the staff and IT admins.
- Phishing attacks on lab technicians to have them install fraudulent, malicious updates of the critical software they use.
- The Vulnerabilities in all Internet-facing elements can be exploited by cyberthreats to gain direct access to PACS (Picture Archiving and Communication System) network.
- If PACS is not directly connected to the internet, the hospital network may be infiltrated and then cyberthreats may laterally move into the PACS (which is usually connected to the internal network using static routes and IPs).
- Compromise of a remote endpoint – doctors’ personal devices used for work, lab technician’s devices, a device from a partner hospital, or an insurance provider, can all be potentially infected with malware to gain backdoor entry into the hospital.
- Credentials of hospital workers can be stolen resulting in identity thefts, and malicious forces may log in to hospital networks on the pretext of hospital workers.
- Hospital workers can be tricked/bribed/lured by cyber attackers to plant malware, share credentials, or leak critical patient information and carry out insider attacks.
Solution for healthcare providers:
Bulwark Technologies offers a secure and end-to-end integrated solution to help healthcare providers focus on delivering the best patient care, instead of worrying about the data privacy issues, regulatory compliances, legacy applications, or end-user performance.
Key features of our solution:
- Secure on-demand access to patient data, through Application Access Gateway
- Prevent identity theft & credential sharing: Strong MFA with different token options (SMS, Email, mobile app, PC software) or facial recognition/fingerprint-based biometric authentication
- Data leakage prevention: Block printing, screen recording, copy-paste, USB access on nursing, ERP, and reception endpoints. Also, control access to the Internet to mitigate all intentional and unintentional data leakage
- Ease the burden on IT team: Complete remote manageability of all devices and applications, including installations, upgradations, OS patching, etc
- Secure and deliver any application: Secure any business application, like HIMS, ERP, CPRS, or PACS and safely deliver them to all internal and external users
- Home care for Covid patients: Enable secure remote monitoring of patient vitals to implement ICU & Covid-19 patient care at home
- Thin-client integration: Replace thick PCs with thin clients which have a longer product life cycle and consume very little energy (Sw-lSw) when compared to conventional PCs, and reduce endpoints-related TCO by up to 40%
- Detailed activity logs for auditing & monitoring: Provides user activity reports on who accessed what, when, where, and how, and enables detailed auditing, user activity monitoring, and compliance with HIPAA regulations
- Granular access policies & contextual access: Configure access policies at a very granular level, and enable context driven assessment of access requests based on parameters like security posture, geolocation, time, a device used, security post