Acronis Backup Cloud
Why Choose Acronis?
Acronis Backup Cloud is a highly customizable, cost-effective solution that integrates easily with your existing business automation platform or operates as a powerful stand-alone platform. Powered by the Acronis AnyData Engine, Acronis Backup Cloud provides your customers with a best-in-class solution that is easy, complete, and safe.
- Easy: Leverage a single dashboard designed for service providers to provision, deploy, and manage your customers and their customers’ backups. Acronis Backup Cloud includes powerful integration with business support systems to reduce operational costs and streamline cloud sales.
- Complete: Deliver a backup service that supports sixteen different platforms, allowing service providers to address more of their customers’ data endpoints. With support for physical and virtual servers, PC and Mac® workstations, laptops, iPhone®/iPad®/Android® mobile devices, and Office 365® mailbox data, you can protect all of your data with a single unified platform.
- Safe : Store customer data in one of the tier-IV designed, SSAE-16 certified Acronis data centers, or in your own secure data center that you control. Use the provided Acronis Storage software for even more dependable backup storage. Utilize SSL encryption for management channels and AES-256 encryption for data in transit and at rest.
- Usage of total cumulative storage, not bind per user with a fixed space. customize as per your need for the user.
- Hosting in India leads to greater compliance with the government laws.
- Backup and recovery of selected files, folders, volumes, or a complete system.
- Backup of Windows® servers* / desktops / laptops, Linux® servers* and desktops, and Mac OS X® desktops / laptops.
- Initial seeding and large-scale recovery with physical shipping.
- Facility to take even block-level backup of systems.
- Easy-to-use management console with centralized backup status and history.
- Each user has an individual control panel, to be governed by the Company Admin.
- 2048-bit SSL channel encryption.
- AES-256 data encryption in transit and at rest.
Cloud Storage :
The cloud hype has blurred the lines between cloud storage and cloud backup. Many providers like it that way because it gives them a broader appeal in capturing potential customers. However, clouding up the definitions confuses the market. In reality, they are very different solutions for different business challenges.
Cloud Storage like Google Drive, SkyDrive, Dropbox, Apple’s iCloud, and similar other offerings are a great way to easily share files. The main goal of cloud storage is to store files online to be accessible and to work with from any device anywhere. You could compare it to a cloud-based USB flash drive.
However, there is no guarantee, no monitoring, and reporting, no support and if a server goes down in one of the Data Centers, you may never see those files again. The majority of the services have a web interface for you to upload files. Therefore files can only be encrypted on the server-side, making transportation less secure. This is not an automated process and the file-syncing needs to be done manually or needs to be placed in a shared folder to be synced. And last but not least, only files and folders can be stored, no application data. It is a great way to share documents, photos, videos, etc. However, it isn’t the place to back up your business-critical applications and documents.
Acronis Backup Cloud :
Acronis Backup Cloud is a cloud-based application, which provides you with the ability to automatically backup your files, application, Virtual Machines, or servers and store them safely for disaster recovery purposes. It is insurance for your data and business continuity.
Acronis Backup Cloud is typically built with a local client-side Agent that runs, ideally multiple times daily, an automatic schedule in the background. The Acronis agent collects, compresses, encrypts, and transfers data to the WebWerks DC. To reduce the amount of bandwidth consumed and the time it takes to transfer files, the Acronis agent provides incremental backups after the initial full backup.
The primary data resides in the original location whereas the secondary data is stored in the cloud, to be used for data recovery. The Acronis Backup Cloud stores all data with a custom retention policy, so that you can fix corrupted files by restoring earlier versions of a file. It also backups data from third-party applications like MS Outlook, Exchange, and SQL. Clear reporting on the success of the backups, makes it easy to verify if all files are safe.
3 reasons IT teams need to integrate their backup and security solutions
Integrated solutions save businesses money
Integrated solutions reduce the risk of human error
Integrated solutions offer more thorough cybersecurity