Planning for Windows Server 2012
If you are planning to deploy Windows Server 2012, remember:
- Datacenter edition for highly-virtualized private clouds.
- Standard edition for lightly or non-virtualized environments.
- Essentials edition for small businesses with up to 25 users, running on servers with up to two processors.
- Foundation edition for small businesses with up to 15 users buying single processor servers from OEMs.
- Renewing Software Assurance is the best way to protect investments while gaining access to new versions, technical assistance and Deployment Planning Services.
- The Microsoft Enrollment for Core Infrastructure (ECI) will continue to offer the best value for private cloud and datacenter management pricing.
- Core CAL and Enterprise CAL Suites will continue to be the most cost effective way to purchase Windows Server CALs to access Windows Server 2012 Standard and Datacenter editions.
- Find out how flexible payments can help you get the IT you need and stay on budget.
Edition comparison by feature
Here is a summary of key server features.