Encrypt files with policy-enforced file encryption for collaborating teams
File Share Encryption allows users to automatically and transparently encrypt individual files and folders on laptops, desktops, and file servers enabling secure sharing of protected documents, spreadsheets, graphics files and more. File Share Encryption provides client-based server encryption that can be managed via Symantec Encryption Management Server to enforce corporate data protection and key management policies.
- Allows users to transparently read, write, and share encrypted files across their organization internally and in the cloud.
- By embedding encryption into the file or folder, it can be moved without losing its protection, ensuring authorized access only by those with appropriate permissions.
- Role separation is supported by enforcing different permission levels for users, data owners, and administrators.
- Enables Symantec Encryption Management Server administrators to enforce automatic file encryption based on application type without end-user disruption.
- Allows users to easily and transparently share encrypted files and folders, improving data security without impacting user productivity.
- Enables administrators to provide owner-based content encryption for files and folders on file shares while maintaining control over encryption keys and encryption policies.
- Leverages existing Encryption Management Server capabilities such as Active Directory support and key management services to reduce the complexity inherent in providing user-based file server encryption services.
Reference by : www.symantec.com