Secure Multiple Subdomains with One Certificate
Symantec SSL certificate with Wildcard is one of several options available for Enterprise to secure their website.Symantec SSL Certificate Wildcard option provides encryption and authentication for multiple subdomains on a single server.
There are several best practice deployments of Symantec SSL Certificate Wildcard option:
- Secure multiple subdomains starting from several levels down from the top level domain, example, sublevel three or four.
- Secure multiple domains with domain names that are frequently changing.
- Secure large number of subdomains (extremely large SANs).
- Secure multiple different domains.
- Secure the base subdomain