Today we’re releasing version 2.2 of the Google Contacts app on Android. This release contains several changes to the look and management of your contacts. Read on for more information.
Changes to the Contact view
- Large photos are back: A popular request from G Suite users, we’ll now display a larger, more vibrant contact photo.
- Action buttons under the photo make it easier to connect: Under the contact’s name, you’ll now see new buttons to call, text, video chat or email that contact. Additionally, if there’s at least one street address in the contact’s info, a Directions button will appear.
- Directory card shows directory profile information: In this card, you’ll see things like the contact’s job title, work phone number, manager name, and office location.
Changes to Suggestions
- Suggested contacts to add: New in this release, you’ll see suggestions to add contacts you frequently communicate with across Google’s products. These appear under the “Add people you contact often” summary card.
- Merge all duplicates: The duplicates suggestion view now has a “MERGE ALL” button which allows you to accept all duplicates suggestions at once.
Customized “Contacts” view
We hope these changes make managing your contacts simpler and more efficient. For more information on using Google Contacts, please visit the Help Center.