Learn about OTP Frauds with our Fraud Police and remain #FraudFreeForever.
For More Details: https://www.sbicard.com/en/security.page
Some Special Fact about OTP
What is OTP
OTP stands of One Time Password which is unique six digit code required to complete your online and real domestic transaction or to change your contact detail:
- OTP is sent only to registered mobile number and email id
- OTP can be used once and is valid for only 60 minutes
What are benefits of OTP process
- It adds second layer security for online and retail domestic transactions
- It protects you from unauthorized changes to your card account details like mobile number change, email id change, address change request.
What is OTP fraud
- OTP fraud is an accident where fraudster calls you and possess as SBI Card Customer Care Representative and request to send OTP.
- OTP once shared is used to make fraudulent transactions and unauthorized transactions on our SBI cards.
- To get your OTP details fraudster may offer bonus rewards points lucrative promotional offers etc.
How to avoid frauds
- Do not share OTP with anyone under any circumstances. SBI cards and its representatives will never ask for your OTP
- Do not call back on any number provided by such caller.
- As per RBI guidelines, all fraudulent transactions where OTP is shared are card holders liability and cardholder is liable to pay for such transactions
What to do in case of fraud
- Immediately call SBI card helpline at 18601801290 and request to block your card immediately.SBI will issue you new card for continued usage.