A couple of years ago, Microsoft launched Windows 10 and it created quite a spur among PC users all around the world. Celebrating the anniversary of this launch, Microsoft released the Windows 10 Anniversary Update in August last year. In 2017, Microsoft is ready with the Windows 10 Creators Update. This post lists some of the highlights of the Creators Update and Quick Heal’s compatibility with the OS.
The Windows 10 Creators Update highlights
- The concept of 3D in Windows. For example, the Paint application is now 3D
- Microsoft Edge is now faster and safer with better browsing and entertainment
- Additional security and privacy protection
You can learn more about the Creators Update here.
Which versions of Quick Heal will support the Windows 10 Creators Update?
Support via Builds
The latest Quick Heal Builds of v17.00 onwards, downloaded from Quick Heal website, support the Windows 10 Creators Update.
Support via Quick Heal update
Support for the Creators Update is being rolled out to existing users via the latest Quick Heal updates.
What must Quick Heal users do before getting the Creators Update?
Quick Heal users with Win10 RS1 or lower Operating System must take the latest Quick Heal updates and then proceed with the Creators Update. Failing to do so might cause Quick Heal or the system to behave abnormally.
How to apply the latest Quick Heal Update?
- The update will be applied automatically if your Quick Heal’s Automatic Update is turned ON.
- You can also apply the update manually. You can do this by following any one of the following methods:
- Click on the Update Now button on your Quick Heal dashboard
- Go to Help -> About, click on Update Now
- Right click on the Quick Heal icon in the system tray and click on Update Now
- Go to Start -> All Programs -> Quick Heal -> Click on Quick Update
How to know if the Quick Heal update has been successfully installed and is compatible with the Creators Update?
If your Quick Heal Virus Database Date falls after 1st Feb 2017, it means that the latest updates compatible with the Creators Update have been installed on your computer.
Note – Fresh installation of Quick Heal version 16.00 and below is not supported by the Creators Update.
Reference by Quick Heal