SIX REASONS WHY FORTINET
SECURE SD-WAN IS THE RIGHT CHOICE
Gartner anticipates that “25% of enterprises will adopt SD-WAN in the next two years.” However, the performance and convenience gains of SD-WAN over traditional WAN come largely at the expense of centralized security provided by backhauling network traffic through the data centre, where everything can be checked and filtered in one place. And while the use of public links for direct internet access in an SD-WAN architecture provides improved options for enterprise-wide delivery of cloud applications, this also introduces new vulnerabilities and an expanded attack surface.
FORTINET SECURE SD-WAN FOR DISTRIBUTED NETWORK ARCHITECTURES
With this in mind, it is extremely important to ensure you select the right SD-WAN solution. Fortinet Secure SD-WAN delivers all the essential capabilities needed for maintaining secure operations across multiple branches and remote locations. Following are six reasons why Fortinet Secure SD-WAN is the right fit for enterprises:
1. NEXT GENERATION FIREWALL (NGFW) SECURITY:
The FortiGate Next-Generation Firewall (NGFW) provides best-of-breed, integrated SD-WAN networking and security capabilities in a single device. It offers a multifunctional solution with SD-WAN-ready features for the efficient adoption of public cloud applications. Following are some of its key features:
- Offers combined NGFW protection and SD-WAN networking capabilities in one device.
- Purpose-built security processors enable better performance for SSL inspection to unlock encrypted sessions, see into encrypted packets, find
threats, and block them.
- The first line of defence web filtering against web-based attacks by blocking access to malicious, hacked, or inappropriate websites (only web filtering
service in the industry that is VBWeb certified2).
- Security processor-powered high IPsec VPN and threat protection performance for secure communications.
- Track real-time activity to facilitate risk assessment, detect potential issues, and mitigate problems while automating compliance audits with firewall rules and policies.
2. SD-WAN NETWORKING:
Cloud application adoption is driving much of the need for superior networking capabilities. The router or firewall responsible for SD-WAN connectivity needs to intelligently balance internet and intranet traffic across the available WAN services. Following are key reasons why Fortinet Secure SD-WAN is the right choice:
- Dynamic cloud applications database that routes applications on the same ports and bandwidth to accommodate SaaS apps where IP addresses
- FortiOS path awareness intelligence supports dynamic routing based on link quality measurements to maintain high availability of business-critical
applications and complete visibility into applications.
- Agnostic channel delivery supports a wide range of cost-effective connectivity options to mix and match multiple broadband connections (internet,
MPLS, LTE, etc.) for the direct use of public internet connections.
3. CENTRALIZED CONSOLE MANAGEMENT:
Although able to extend the full range of security features with each new network connection (wired or wireless), SD-WAN should be fully managed from a central location. Here’s how Fortinet Secure SD-WAN makes that possible:
- Through a single-pane-of-glass console, Fortinet Secure SD-WAN provides transparent visibility across the network and unified policy
management and centralized VPN control across all branch/remote locations.
4. ZERO-TOUCH DEPLOYMENT:
Automatic device provisioning and branch deployments (without the need for skilled network engineers to be sent to each location) save vast amounts of time in comparison to the involved processes of adding branches in traditional WAN environments. Here’s how Fortinet Secure SD-WAN streamlines this entire process:
- FortiOS dynamically builds the entire physical and logical network topology once a FortiGate is launched.
5. LOW TCO:
Less expensive connectivity, simplified deployment, and centralized management via a single-box solution for both networking and security
operations deliver as much as 50% better TCO versus architectures with separate security and networking devices.
6. DETECTION AND REMEDIATION:
Cybersecurity involves more than just prevention, as it is impossible to stop all attacks. It also involves detection andr emediation. Having a security solution such as Fortinet Secure SD-WAN that delivers high performance and efficacy with optimal cost-effectiveness is key. (FortiGate received recommendations for superior performance and security in the NSS Labs 2017 Next-Generation Firewall Test Results.
courtesy by fortinet.com