Steps to Configure Your Email Address On Your Email Client Microsoft Outlook 2010
Adding a new account:
- Select the File menu
- Select Info
- Click the Add Account button
- Choose Manual configure server settings
- Click Next
- Choose Internet E-mail
- Click Next
- Enter your name as you want it to appear on your outbound email messages
- Enter your full email address
- Enter your full email address also as the User Name
- Enter your email password.
- Your mail server is mail.yourdomainname.com(where yourdomainname.com is your own domain name)
The Outgoing Mail Server is the same as your incoming mail server.
Click on More setting button
Click the Outgoing Server tab
- Check the “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” checkbox
- Check “use the same settings as your incoming mail server”
- Click Advance tab
- If you are using POP3 with SSL, click the checkbox and enter 995 as your port. Otherwise leave the default port at 110
- If you are using POP3, you may choose when messages are removed from the server
- If you are using IMAP with SSL, click the checkbox and enter 993 as your port. Otherwise leave the default port at 143
- If you are using SMTP with SSL, click the checkbox and enter 465 as your port. Otherwise change the non-default port to 26
Click the OK button.
- While on the E-mail Accounts screen, click the Test Account Settings button
- This will both check your settings and send a test email to yourself to confirm that everything is working. If you receive any errors, please check your configuration
- Click the Close button on the Test Account Settings window
- Click Next on the E-mail Accounts window
- Click the Finish button
Outlook 2010 is now correctly configured to send and receive emails.